Happy New Year!
I hope you started your new year full of positivity and surrounded by those you love.
2017 had been a great year for the environment! And here are some of the highlights:
- London introduced a toxicity charge to tackle harmful air pollution within the capital – especially Oxford Street (check out my blog post on it: https://beingaucourant.com/2017/11/21/air-pollution-free-oxford-street/ )
- Defra data from April 2016 – 2017 showed a 83% decrease in the number of single-use plastic carrier bags issued by 7 of the UK’s largest retailers.
- Blue Planet 2 were on our screens giving us our daily dose of the marine ecosystem and David Attenborough!
- Lush launched its package free naked range!
- Natural England launched their exciting project to save 20 species from extinction!
But we can’t forget that there are still many challenges that we face to save the planet.
2017 also had it’s downs with climate change still being something that needs to be resolved SOON, Donald Trump did what he knew best when it came to helping the environment (a.k.a nothing), 4 species were recorded as extinct causing so many undiscovered species to now be pushed into extinction! NOT. GOOD.
I always like to put a positive element to my blog posts because hope beats fear. This year is so important and seeing it as a fresh start we can all make a difference somehow to make this world a better place to live in. Make your lives a little bit more sustainable and that’ll shape your future for the better.
What are your new years resolutions?
Happy 2018! Here’s to a positive change!