I’ve been a bit quiet on here recently, but I promise that I am still here! I was living in the moment for a bit and I’d highly recommend it to everyone, to feel refreshed and be more aligned to reach your goals!
I’ve been cooking a lot more recently and trying new recipes. I came across this amazing recipe by Liv B and I knew I had to try it because it just looked DELICIOUS!
Here’s the recipe to make such a healthy sesame cauliflower dish! You can have this with rice or have it as part of a Chinese feast.
- Small cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of plain flour of choice
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp grated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3-4 tbsp of demerara sugar
- Sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Spring onions for garnish
- Peel the leaves off the cauliflower and cut it at the stalks to get the heads of the cauliflower which will be used for this recipe. Chop them to be smaller in size if necessary to have edible sizes.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, garlic, salt, pepper and non-dairy milk.
- In another bowl put breadcrumbs in it.
- Put the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and get a baking tray ready needed for the next step…
- You will have a conveyor belt system in which you place the cauliflower head into the wet ingredients bowl and then straight in the breadcrumbs. Make sure it’s well coated and place onto the baking tray. Repeat this each time for each cauliflower head.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl mix the soy sauce, orange juice, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and siracha sauce.
- After the 10 minutes, take the cauliflower out of the oven It should look like it is starting to crisp and pour over the soy sauce mixture all over it. Make sure the cauliflower is fully coated in the sauce.
- Place the cauliflower back in the oven for 20 minutes until it looks crispy.
- Remove out the oven and garnish it with chopped spring onions for a pop of colour and added texture!
- Serve with white rice and enjoy!
This was such a lovely and easy recipe to make! You most probably have most of these ingredients in your kitchen so it’ll be very inexpensive too! The cauliflower turned out to be very crispy on the outside and moist in the middle, a perfect combo! Let me know if you make these, I’d love to know how!