These brownies are to die for! They are so gooey and I personally prefer to eat them when they’re cold! These brownies are animal-cruelty free and are great for people with dairy or egg allergies.
- 125g plain flour
- 175g demerara sugar
- 65g plain cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 125ml water
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate sauce to use as a topping. You can also use other toppings such as walnuts, hazelnuts etc.
- 50g chocolate chips (white and milk)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, sift and stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the water, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix until it is well blended. Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spread evenly in a baking tin, preferably a square one with a good depth. I lined the tin with parchment paper so the brownie would not stick to to the tin after baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny.
- Let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Add your preferred toppings to give an extra flavour and texture.
- Eat them!
I prefer gooey brownies but if you want a more solid one then I’d suggest leaving them in the oven for an extra 5 minutes.
I thought that these are great to make them if you are running out of time and want a sweet treat for dessert or as a snack. It’s very quick to make and super easy! I hope you enjoy eating these vegan gooey brownies 🙂